What 2016 has been

Greeting Text

Happy New Year to everyone! Phew what a ride 2016 has been, it has not just been like a roller coaster to me, but also a water ride, bumper car, carousel, ferris wheel, swing boat and ghost house altogether. I've been so busy in 2016 juggling between studies and my extra curricular activities but I don't regret anything. I feel like it was a year full of lessons for me. I realised, learnt and experienced a lot of things:


I have gained more friends than ever this year. I really think 2016 is a year of friendship for me. I don't know how it happened but some people that I never talked to before, people that I never imagined could or would want to be friend with me, at some point started talking to me. To my suprise, these people and I have actually something in common. I'm talking about the kind of people that take Islamic studies as major and talk fluent Arabic, the kind of people that follow recent fashion and have celebrity's number in their phone. Turns out they are just normal people capable of silly normal conversations like "Isn't Yusuf Iskandar the cutest baby or what?" or "Why are Asians like us have small eyes?" when I get to know them. I have also reconnected with some old friends, friends that I thought would never consider me as friend anymore. I thanked Facebook for that. But what really made my 2016 are my friends that have stayed with me for years. I don't care how many new friends I made, nothing beats my high school girlfriends. We haven't seen each other much in 2016 but I always bring them whenever I go, include them in whatever I'm doing. The real reason why I keep my Instagram private for real life girlfriends only is because I want to interact with them as much as I can. I always tag them videos, comment their pictures, slide in their dms, and just constantly give love emojis and cheesy pickuplines. 


I think in 2016 I'm an avid food explorer. Maybe that is why my Twitter is filled with pictures of food. I go to famous food place whenever I have the chance to and had tasted so many new food. I mean who knew cheese tart would taste sooooooooo yummy. Though those cheap RM1.50 egg tart is still number one for me. Even when I was in Korea I ate a lot of good food but when I tried eating it in Malaysia, it just doesn't taste the same. My favorite food at the moment is Jibril's salted butter chicken. Trust me, I've brought 4 or 5 of my friends, they were all hooked!


But one thing I'm sad is that I didn't really read much in 2016. My bookshelves must be so dissapointed at me for ignoring them cause when I'm at home I'm either spending time with my family or I'll be watching korean dramas. Sorry books I'll try to read you guys during the holiday. InshaAllah!


I learned a lot in 2016, the good and the bad. Can't believe how fast the year has been and now it's already 2017. Alhamdulillah that Allah still grant me a good health, a happy family and nice friends, I pray that He gives all of us strength and always shower us with His kindness everyday. Amin


Happy New Year 2017!



Meow. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments