First Time in High Court

Assalamualaikum


Today is such a happy day for me. I'm so happy to the point that I can't wait to write it in this blog so that I can read it in the future. I went to my first high court hearing (as an audience jew). 


macam dalam drama I Hear Your Voice


We went there at 2pm with my other three girls, we picked this room because it was a kidnapping case. I've always loved criminal cases so I'm really excited. Before we came in, we waited outside for the court to be adjourned. There was this one police named Chua, he is an Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP) for 11 years. He gave a brief fact of the case. So there were three guys (two Malays and one Rohingya), they kidnapped a Bangladesh guy and asked for a ransom of RM50 000. But one of the OKT (Orang Kena Tuduh) died in the prison due to tyroid, so there's only two OKT left. 


Then we came in and the Public Prosecutor came and talked to us. She was an alumni of UiTM and she told us to join her later on. She's so pretty and her name is Rozana. In my head I was non-stop singing Rozana....kau gadis idamanku....dua hati jadi satu...bila kita bertemu...oh Rozana...


The judge was YA Dato Zulkifli Bin Bakar, he is a very meticulous person. He was very garang but at the same time was very conscious of us. They used a lot of complicated legal jargon so when we looked confuse he purposely reiterated everything and speaks using words that we understand. He was talking loudly like, "OKAY SO YOU WERE SAYING THAT THE KAWAD CAM WAS WRONG RIGHT? THAT YOU MADE A MISTAKE LAH NI KIRANYA?" then gave a quick glance to us and nodded. 


At the end of the trial, we waited outside and then the lawyer for the OKT said hi first. He was so so so nice. His name is Gabriel (googled him and he was the lawyer of many famous cases) and he has been a lawyer for 20 years.


We talked for an hour outside the court, it was already past 5pm but he said he didn't mind talking to us. I wanted to share what we talked but it was just the kind of conversation I would want to keep to myself. I don't know how to tell you but the whole 1 hour with him was great. He gave us his card and he invited us to do intern at his firm (which I googled, turns out to be this very big successful firm). 


Alhamdulillah for today.

You Might Also Like

0 comments