Forgive and Forget



I never told you the bad things that happen in my life but recently I was betrayed by someone close to me. To be frank, I never saw it coming so when I found out, I couldn’t believe it. I was super sad as it was done by someone whom I trust. I tried making it better because he/she is just someone that I really don’t want to lose but eventually I stopped talking to this person because there was no point in doing so anymore. I've had enough. It hurt me to do it but I had no choice.


I told my loved ones, naturally, but never did it cross my mind to public shame him/her. I could easily do it but I don’t know why I never wanted to. Luckily I was so preoccupied with my studies that I basically just moved on from this and didn’t dwell on it. I also never felt hate towards him/her which is weird. I easily forgave him/her. But the only difference was that I didn’t see the point of communicating as normal anymore. I don't want to have anything to do with him/her again.


You can kind of sense genuine sincerity in how the guilty person acts but unfortunately I couldn’t sensed any guilt out of that person at all. I never got proper apology but that’s fine because we never should expect those things from people. Whether or not people are sorry doesn’t change your life.


Sometimes you are given the upper hand and you could potentially expose someone’s mistake, well never take that route. No matter how angry you are, control it and always just talk to your loved ones. I feel so sad when I see people venting on social media to the point of shaming and naming specific individuals. It may seem like a good idea at the time because you are angry but think about how you could ruin this person’s life.  Everyone makes mistakes and just because we are at the receiving end doesn’t mean that we are morally above them. The fact that we expose and shame people just show we aren’t. We never know if we are in their shoes, we might do the same or even worse. We should always choose to forgive and forget because Allah will reward us abundantly in ways you can’t even imagine.


Alhamdulillah right after that, everything works out well for me. You see, Allah is just so wonderful, giving and giving even when I rebel so much. I am a happier person and I am in a much happier state right now. Allah gives me all this happiness, so do I really have to argue with my Creator whether to forgive this person or not? Having a vengeful hatred won’t be much help when I die later. May we all never forgets that nothing really belongs to us and we all are merely borrowers. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments